Here are some things to consider before investing in new hearing aids.
1. Check which type of license and degree the hearing specialist has earned. There is a difference between an audiologist and a hearing aid dispenser.
At the Taylor Listening, our Audiologist graduated with her Doctorate of Audiology. Dr. Taylor is trained in diagnosing and managing hearing loss. Her philosophy is to educate the patient so that the patient makes their own informed decision regarding their hearing treatment.
2. Hearing aids are expensive – ask what additional services come with the purchase. There are third party hearing aid dealers that sell hearing aids at a less expensive price but the hearings aids usually lack a service plan.
With any hearing aid purchase at the Taylor Listening Center, you receive convenient and professional hearing aid care for the life of the hearing aid from our knowledgeable audiologist. Our hearing aid pricing is below the industry average. Have a price quote from somewhere else? Bring it here to find out if it is a fair price.
3. Find out about the trial period – Maryland State Law requires at least a 30 day trial period.
At the Taylor Listening Center, we offer a 45 day adjustment period. We are committed to taking the time to correctly tune your hearing aid.
4. What is the return policy? Maryland State Law allows a fitting fee to be kept in the case of a return.
TLC offers a full refund minus a fitting fee in the case of a return during the 45 day adjustment period.
5. Be wary of coupons you see in the newspaper or in the mail. Read all of the fine print.
6. Do you have a hearing aid benefit through your insurance? Not sure? Call the number on the back of your card or we will investigate for you!
Not all practices participate with all insurances or even accept insurance. At the Taylor Listening Center we accept most major insurance plans. We will check to see if you have a hearing aid benefit.
7. Most importantly……Make sure you are comfortable with your audiologist, you will be spending a lot of time together! Is the office clean and conveniently located? Is the staff friendly and professional?
Our patients enjoy the convenience of our office and our spa-like atmosphere. Dr. Taylor enjoys developing excellent rapport with her patients so they feel comfortable and at ease during their appointment.